Time must be scheduled, NO WALK-INs
Open: Tues.-Sat. 10 am to 9 pm
Skill Level: All
Minimum age: 12
Supplies to bring: The edibles you need to complete your project. (i.e.: fondant or gum paste)
Description: This is an independent workshop and not a class. Independent Open Studio is for anyone who needs access to tools, molds, or basic bakery equipment to complete decorations for a cake, cookie, cake- pops, cupcake, or sweets project. We will offer assistance with proper use of the equipment and tools and give tips to get the best results.
Cost: Per Person
First hour --- $20
Additional 30 minute increments --- $7 each
Scroll to bottom of page for more information and tips to maximize your time.
- Make just the decorations in the studio and use them to decorate the cake at home
- Decorate a cake, cookies, or cupcakes that you bring in or pre-order from us
- Practice decorating techniques using our practice dummies and tools
- Make fondant decorations well in advance of the date you need them
- If you forget something we probably carry it in our onsite retail space
- Plan your project before you arrive to make the most of your time
- Reserve specific molds, cutters, or other tools that you know you will need. If we sell it we have it in the studio
- Prep- Use boxes or sheet pans to take your pieces home on and label each with items to make
- Cellophane and tape are provided to cover your sheet pans or boxes
- Bring a water bottle and snacks to keep your energy up if you are planning a long day.
- Turn off or silence your cell phone to eliminate distractions