Please read the class information below before scheduling
Class age and minimum enrollment requirements
- Classes require a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 10 students.
- Minimum age to attend classes alone is 7 years old.
- Kids between 4 and 6 require a parent chaperone.
- Classes that do not meet the minimum enrollment 7 days prior to the class may be cancelled and a full refund given.
Class format and skill level
- Classes are either demonstration, hands-on, or a combination of the two.
- Students will create a project to take home and learn skills and techniques that can be used on other projects at home.
- All supplies are provided for use in class unless noted otherwise in the class description.
- Each attendee will take home their cake (1-6"), cookies (6), or cupcakes (6).
- Skill levels are beginner, intermediate, advanced, or professional and noted in the class description.
- Students with long hair are asked to tie it back so it does not dangle in the food.
- We ask that students arrive 10-15 before class to wash hands and get settled so the class can proceed as scheduled.
Can we take photos and have our cellphones?
- Yes! Please take photos of your work and your friends but be aware of your fellow students. If phone usage becomes an issue we will politely ask that they be put away
- The Cake Room, LLC photographs the cakes made in class and reserves the right to use any photographs for display, promotion, or marketing without compensation to you.
- Photos of attendees are also taken. We respect your privacy so if you do not want your photo to be used just let us know in writing.
I don't see the class I want to take. What do I do?
- Contact us and we will design the class for you and post it to the group class list. The class will be available for others to join. Class minimums will apply.
What about food and drinks in class?
- Classes longer than five hours may include a meal break. Bring your own meal or purchase as an option when ordering class.
- Students are welcome to bring their own snacks/appetizers and beverages to class.
- Students over 21 may bring or consume alcohol. We expect responsible consumption and behavior.
- We supply basic paper napkins, real plates, real utensils, glasses, and water.
What is your refund policy?
- If a class does not meet minimum enrollment of 4 students by the date specified for the class, the class will be cancelled and each student will be offered the following options:
- Reschedule this class to a later date with the hopes of getting more enrollment.
- Reschedule to another class. You have 90 days from the original class date to reschedule.
- Negotiate a higher premium for the class to make up for low enrollment. (example: Class is $45, only 3 sign up. The 3 students could agree to split the cost of the 4th student adding $15.00 to their enrollment fee)
- Full refund of monies paid for the class.
- Students will be given a full refund for any class we cancel.
- If the attendee cancels 7 or more days before the class a full refund will be given. Student has the option to apply the credit to another class.
- If the attendee cancels within 6 days of the class no refund will be given.
- The Cake Room, LLC photographs cakes made in class and reserves the right to use any photographs for display, promotion, or marketing without compensation to you. Photos of attendees is with their permission or the parents of minors.
Do you teach Private Classes?
- Private classes are one-on-one with the instructor.
- Base price for a 2-hour class is $150. Additional costs may apply depending on the content of the class.